Matt Donnelly is a partner at Petefish, Immel, Hird, Johnson, Leibold & Sloan, LLP in Lawrence, Kansas. His practice includes civil litigation, estate planning, student law, intellectual property, criminal defense, and administrative law.
Some examples of Matt’s recent work:
- Comprehensive estate plans for families, including wills, trusts, and powers of attorney
- Representing college students accused of misconduct, or dismissed from an academic program
- Commercial, residential, and agricultural leases
- Construction litigation and breach of contract
- Business transactions, buy/sell agreements, entity selection and formation, corporate governance
- KPERS disability appeals
Prior to joining Petefish Law, Matt was an associate at the respected Topeka law firm Henson, Hutton, Mudrick & Gragson. He also served the State of Kansas for many years as general counsel at the Lansing Correctional Facility. Matt earned his undergraduate degree from West Virginia Wesleyan College and his juris doctorate from the University of Kansas.
Matt is a longtime Lawrence resident who enjoys the vibrant local music scene, recreation on Clinton Lake, and spending time at his family’s small cattle farm west of town.
- State of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- West Virginia Wesleyan College, B.A. Philosophy
- University of Kansas School of Law, J.D.
- Kansas Bar Association
- Douglas County Bar Association
- Douglas County Law Library – Board Member, 2017-2019
- Kansas City Volunteer Lawyers & Accountants for the Arts
- Lawrence Adult Soccer League – Board Member