Matt Donnelly is an associate with Petefish, Immel, Hird, Johnson, Leibold & Sloan, LLP in Lawrence, Kansas. His practice includes civil litigation, business transactions, consumer protection, intellectual property, and administrative law.
Some examples of Matt’s recent cases:
- Representing college students who are accused of misconduct
- Asserting unlawful employment practices on behalf of individuals against their employers or former employers
- Litigating defective construction cases
- Negotiating the sale of businesses and real estate
- Representing individuals before the Kansas Office of Administrative Hearings
Prior to joining Petefish, Matt practiced at the Topeka law firm, Henson, Hutton, Mudrick & Gragson, LLP; and before that he served the State of Kansas as general counsel at the Lansing Correctional Facility, the largest prison in the state. Matt earned his undergraduate degree from West Virginia Wesleyan College and his juris doctorate from the University of Kansas.
Matt is a longtime Lawrence resident who enjoys the outdoors, music, and spending time at his family’s small cattle farm west of town.
- State of Kansas
- U.S. District court for the District of Kansas
- West Virginia Wesleyan College, B.A. Philosophy
- University of Kansas School of Law, J.D.
- Kansas Bar Association
- Douglas County Bar Association – Continuing Legal Education Coordinator
- Douglas County Law Library – Board Member
- Lawrence Adult Soccer League – Board Member