Matt Donnelly is a partner at Petefish, Immel, Hird, Johnson, Leibold & Sloan, LLP in Lawrence, Kansas. His practice includes civil litigation, estate planning, student law, intellectual property, criminal defense, and administrative law.
Some examples of Matt’s recent work:
- Drafting comprehensive estate plans for families, including wills, trusts, and powers of attorney
- Representing college students who are accused of misconduct, or have been dismissed from their academic program
- Negotiation of, and litigation regarding, commercial and residential leases
- Representing homeowners in cases of defective construction
- Representing retired NFL players in the Concussion Settlement Program lawsuit
- Representing individuals before the Kansas Office of Administrative Hearings
Prior to joining Petefish, Matt practiced at a respected Topeka law firm; and before that he served the State of Kansas as general counsel at the Lansing Correctional Facility, the largest prison in the state. Matt earned his undergraduate degree from West Virginia Wesleyan College and his juris doctorate from the University of Kansas.
Matt is a longtime Lawrence resident who enjoys the vibrant local music scene, recreation on Clinton Lake, and spending time at his family’s small cattle farm west of town.
- State of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- West Virginia Wesleyan College, B.A. Philosophy
- University of Kansas School of Law, J.D.
- Kansas Bar Association
- Douglas County Bar Association
- Douglas County Law Library – Board Member, 2017-2019
- Kansas City Volunteer Lawyers & Accountants for the Arts
- Lawrence Adult Soccer League – Board Member